Inventory Management Solutions
1. We will analyze and document your current inventory to identify on-hand material, current quantities, obsolete material and opportunities for consolidation of duplicate items. This initial discovery list is the foundation of your material data base.
2. We will organize your material following the 5S principles of Lean Manufacturing. Material will be put into bins or the most effective storage solution. Labels will be put on each bin identifying the material by: Part Number, Description, Min and Max Quantities, a Barcode and your internal part number if available.
3. On a weekly basis, our dedicated VMI Specialist will come to your facility and scan the bins for replenishment. The information is uploaded from our barcode scanner into our business system which generates a quote. The quote is emailed to you for review and approval. This step of the process allows you, the customer, to have visibility and control over the re-ordering process.
4. The following week, we will deliver the material to your facility and put it away in the appropriate bin
In the event you need to scan material out of your warehouse to a specific job code or machine cost center, we can provide you with a scanning device for your personnel to use. The scanning device uses standard Microsoft technology and is available with a Wi-Fi connection.
There is no need for an internet or VPN connection.
We help you track where your inventory is being consumed.
We will provide you with information on your current inventory dollar value, what is being used, what isn’t being used and your min/max levels.
Having this information will help you make informed decisions. You will determine if any material needs to be removed from your inventory or if stocking levels need to be modified.
Site Specific Book:
We follow ISO documentation guidelines and prepare a site-specific book for each customer we service. Although we have documented processes and procedures, we have the flexibility to customize these based on your requirements. By providing these documents, we ensure that the process is consistent, repeatable and approved by you.
Optimize your supply chain with optima I savings.
Asset Management Group
Supply Chain Solutions
Together, we can develop a sourcing strategy and strategic alliance that meet your needs and identify areas of cost that can be impacted.
The concept of Supply Chain Management is not a new one.
But as technology and education awareness evolves, so does our ability to provide a successful tool to manage our customers’ supply chain.
We make our supply chain activities transparent from the physical flow of material as well as the information flow. As partners, this will help us coordinate long term plans and symbiotic relationships with all value
points in the supply chain.
Active management of supply chain activities involves understanding and documenting each step of the process:
• Product Identification
• Material Negotiations
• Production or Lead Times
• Logistics – Transportation
• What information systems are required
• Shared cost savings goals
• Storage of material